The terms “Marietta” “us,” “our” or “we” refer to Marietta Collegee. The terms “you” and “your” refer to a consumer user or viewer of our website(s).
Collection of Information
What Information Do We Collect Online
While using our website, Marietta College may collect and store certain information regarding your use of the website, including the IP address from which you accessed the website, the domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the website, the name of the website from which you entered our site, date and time stamps, the pages, files, documents and links that you visited or downloaded, and any errors encountered.
Marietta College will only collect personal information such as your name, street address, e-mail address and telephone number that you knowingly and voluntarily provide to us. As well, anonymous, non-identifiable personal information is collected through third-party aggregators, such as Google Analytics, which includes age, gender, and limited geographic information. The College uses the information collected from you for systems administration purposes, abuse prevention, to track user trends to better focus on the needs and interests of our visitors, to foster and promote further communications, and improve the functionality of our website.
Examples of when we may ask you to provide personal information though our websites:
- Register for an event, apply for admission, or sign up for a membership offering
- Subscribe to receive our email or other communications; or
- Contact us for other information.
How Is This Information Used?
Once we receive personal information through our websites, we use it for such things as:
- Processing orders and requests;
- Improving and developing our products, services and websites;
- Show advertisements for our services to you on third-party sites;
- Communicating with you regarding promotional offers, new products, and other information that we think may be interesting to you;
- Analyzing your activity with us, including interaction with our websites and your event registration or purchases;
- Measure and analyze the performance of our advertising campaigns;
- Personalizing our communications to you; or
- Responding to your inquiries
We may share data, such as hashed email derived from emails or other online identifiers collected on our site(s) with our advertising partners. This allows our partners to recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Our websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including firewall technology and other similar measures.
When you view our website, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a cookie. Cookies allow us to tailor our website to better match your interests and preferences. Cookies typically collect non-personally identifiable information to better understand the browsing behaviors of all users in order to make online ad experiences more relevant and engaging. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience all features and content of our website.
Sharing of Information
If you are seeking information from the College and provide us with personally identifiable information, we will typically only use that information to respond to your inquiry, request, or order. We may also contact you to provide you with information about Marietta College activities, programs, special events, membership and development opportunities that may interest you. We may process credit card information to properly bill your account, when applicable, and we may contact you for purposes connected to The College’s relationship with you.
Marietta College will not sell your personally identifiable information and will only share such information about you with third parties when:
- We have your consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to provide the service or product you requested.
- We need to send your information to third parties who work on behalf of Marietta College to provide a service or product.
- The information is directory information consistent with FERPA regulations.
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or any other legal process.
- We find it necessary to protect and defend the legal rights and/or property of Marietta College.
Marietta College does not knowingly collect website information from children or minors as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Disclaimer of Liability
Neither Marietta College nor any of its departments, programs, employees, agents or individual trustees shall be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information described and/or contained on the website and assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information.
Our partners may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason you can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising:
Where Should You Direct Your Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns with respect to our Privacy Statement (how we collect or use your digital information), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.